- Welcome To The Zone!
- The Zone: No. 2 – Oct 22, 2020
- The Zone: No. 3 – Oct 29, 2020
- The Zone: No.4 – Nov 5, 2020
- The Zone: No. 5 – Nov 12, 2021
- The Zone: No. 6 – Nov 19, 2020
- The Zone: No. 7 – Nov 26, 2020
- The Zone: No. 8 – Dec 3, 2020
- The Zone: No. 9 – Dec 10, 2020
- The Zone: No. 10 – Dec 17, 2020
- The Zone: No. 11, Dec 31, 2020 – Special Edition
- The Zone: No. 12 – Jan 7, 2020
- The Zone: No. 13 – Jan 14, 2020
- The Zone: No. 14 – Jan 21, 2020
- The Zone: No. 15 – Jan 28, 2020
- The Zone: No. 16 – Feb 4, 2020
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!
Chromaesthesia, an all-pink apartment, writing advice from Mary Karr, and more in this installment of The Zone.
- Israeli artist Michal Levy has a condition called chromaesthesia, a form of synesthesia, in which sounds and music provoke visuals. She turned John Coltrane’s “Giant Steps” & Bach’s “Prelude in C Major” into musical animations, and the results are amazing.
- An all-pink apartment! What a perfect spot for a vacation. Huge Instagram potential for those interested.
- The size of space. It puts things in perspective.
- See how Charles Bridge in Prague was built in the 14th century in a short animation here. Amazing.
- How different classical cameras click sounds. This made me think about my dad’s old Russian Zenit; a madeleine cake of sound.
- Cartographer Sean Convey transforms vintage maps into prints that look like 3D relief maps. I’m seriously thinking about ordering this Australia map.
- A song I’m listening to: Jai-Jagdeesh In Dreams from the album Of Heaven & Earth (2013),
Quote I’m Pondering
After a lifetime of hounding authors for advice, I’ve heard three truths from every mouth: (1) Writing is painful—it’s “fun” only for novices, the very young, and hacks; (2) other than a few instances of luck, good work only comes through revision; (3) the best revisers often have reading habits that stretch back before the current age, which lends them a sense of history and raises their standards for quality.Mary Karr
From My Photo Archives
If you liked this post, share it on your preferred social network or forward it to a friend.