- Welcome To The Zone!
- The Zone: No. 2 – Oct 22, 2020
- The Zone: No. 3 – Oct 29, 2020
- The Zone: No.4 – Nov 5, 2020
- The Zone: No. 5 – Nov 12, 2021
- The Zone: No. 6 – Nov 19, 2020
- The Zone: No. 7 – Nov 26, 2020
- The Zone: No. 8 – Dec 3, 2020
- The Zone: No. 9 – Dec 10, 2020
- The Zone: No. 10 – Dec 17, 2020
- The Zone: No. 11, Dec 31, 2020 – Special Edition
- The Zone: No. 12 – Jan 7, 2020
- The Zone: No. 13 – Jan 14, 2020
- The Zone: No. 14 – Jan 21, 2020
- The Zone: No. 15 – Jan 28, 2020
- The Zone: No. 16 – Feb 4, 2020
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!
Girls racing sheep (say what?), awesome photomicrography, Ed Ruscha’s Sunset Boulevard street view, and more in The Zone No. 6.
- Girls racing sheep in Aberystwyth, Wales, 1965. You’re welcome!
- I’ve always been fascinated by photomicrography, and this year’s Nikon Small World Photo Contest had several mind-blowing photos. The one above, by Justin Zoll, came in thirteenth place, but it’s my favorite.
- Vintage style covers of modern pop songs by Postmodern Jukebox on YouTube. Somebody That I Used To Know is a new favorite.
- The Chicago Public Library eliminated late fees for overdue books in October 2019, and the results are unexpected.
- Emojipedia. Why didn’t anyone tell me this existed? Here’s a list of all new Apple emoji released on November 5th.
- A book I put on my Christmas wish list: The Visual Miscellaneum: A Colorful Guide to the World’s Most Consequential Trivia by David McCandless. It combines interesting information (I love reference books) with beautiful illustrations (I love illustrations)—the perfect gift, in other words.
- Historic Photography Trick: Watch the Birdie!
- Tomorrow we celebrate Absurdity Day. It seems only fitting.
- Happy Birthday, Jodie Foster!
A Quote I’m Pondering
Time isn’t the main thing. It’s the only thing.Miles Davis (1926 – 1991)
From My Photo Archives
If you liked this post, share it on your preferred social network or forward it to a friend.
To read more The Zone posts, click here.