August 19th is World Photography Day, an annual celebration of art, science, and history of photography.
Why August 19th, you ask? On August 19th, 1839, the French Academy of Sciences announced the Daguerreotype process, the first to obtain a permanent image with a camera. History was made that day, and the long road to photography as we know it today began.
The best way of celebrating it is to share your best photos with the world. The one above is one of my favorites, a close-up of a pink bleeding heart in my garden.
Happy World Photography Day!
- How To Take Better Photos With Your Phone
- Why Buying An Expensive Camera Doesn’t (Always) Matter
- Take Awesome Photos With Your Phone
- Creativity Thrives on Constraints
- How To See the World Like an Artist
If you liked this post, share it on your preferred social network or forward it to a friend.